Thursday 6 September 2012

Singapore Noodles with a Carribean Twist

Mix of spices
So tonight I'm back to work and it's a quick simple dinner. I had a few bits of left over this and that in the fridge so decided to put them together to make a Singapore style noodle dish.

I started off with this lovely bowl of spices for the flavour. I wouldn't be without my mortar and pestle as it comes in so handy for bashing flavours together.

I made a paste out of fresh garlic, ginger, lemongrass and scotch  bonnets. Added in some 5 spice, chilli flakes, paprika, cumin, a chicken stock cube and soy sauce. 

Simmering veg


I fried off my spice mix with onions until browned added my other veg; peppers, cherry tomoatoes and mushrooms. I then added a little boiling water so the stock cube wasn't over powering and simmered until most of the water was gone then added cooked chicken and bacon.

Normally I would use some other vegetables too and bamboo shoots but kind of made it up as I went along.


Cooked my noodles in a big pan of water and then added them to the vegetables and mixed. Left it on the heat for a minute or so so that all the flavours infused together. And I must say the addition of the scotch bonnet really did give it an added depth.
Ready to Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment