Tuesday 25 September 2012

Lamb Thai Style Curry

I love curry and anything with a bit of spice. So when I did have a night off curry was the order of the day. I never follow recipes with curry as I like to taste as I go along and adjust it to whoever is eating.

I always start with a basic paste/powder. I use my mortar and pestle to bash everything together before frying off the spices to release all the flavours. This week I used; garlic, ginger, scotch bonnet, lemon grass, cumin, coriander and bay leaves. I ground it all up to make a paste.

I used the paste to coat some lamb and browned in a wok. I then added some vegetables, onions, mushrooms, peppers and some chopped up cherry tomatoes. Coated all the vegetables then added about half a cup of water mixed with a veg stock cube and a tin of cocunut milk. Mixed it all together and left to simmer adding some lime juice just before serving with rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment